Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

What the PUKE!!!.....

I think my cat and I are kindred spirits.  He waits for me to come home everyday (according to my daughter) and is my constant companion until I leave for work the next day....kinda bugs me when he waits at the door for me to finish using the restroom...but well he is the sweetest little guy in the world.

It's been really hard coming back from an injury, but I am determined to keep trying. I have been through the whole gamut with physical therapy and all the recommendations on how to rehab my knee in order to continue to enjoy my life as a runner.  In speaking to a friend, who struggles with knee pain, his recommendation to me was to cycle. He stated even if I didn't own a bike, or have the time to ride, invest in something I could use at home, and cycle, cycle, cycle. Even my P.T. recommended that....so that and toning is where I am starting.

I guess I am a little scared to run right now too...Just a little. I get going pretty good and within a few minutes my knee starts hurting.  I end up slowing down, so much it just feels better to walk. My goal is strength training, toning (including cycling) five days a week, even if for 30 minutes or less. That is more than I have done for almost a year. Haven't been able to run for awhile. My knee (after a few months of struggle) finally gave out in June and now it's April....yup, not a mathematician...but....yea that sounds like a year to me. I have had a few false starts and stops...because of everything else I have to do (toning - stretching-cycling-running)... I am one of those people not (yet) really interested in a triathlon.  I am a great swimmer, grew up with a pool. I like riding bikes, but I really just want to run. 

Ok, so the cat story...I woke up Friday morning around 4:40 am. Decided I would get up and go for a long walk, once the sun came up since I was feel pretty good. My constant companion started struggling and I knew as soon as he started jerking....OH NO HE IS
ABOUT TO BLOW. There he is right next to me, but instead of just grabbing him, sleep stupor made me jump up, run around the bed, and watch him puke...Seriously?

I remained calm, wasn't too bad, went through my blanket and top sheet, not the fitted, but whatever? I cleaned the "offensive" and started to strip my bed. I have a strong stomach. I have cleaned poopy, puky babies, I have wiped my share of tears and noses, even cleaned cat "insults" of all kinds...Hey I am no novice at this....but then the gag reflex kicked in and...OMG I couldn't believe it...I AM GONNA!!!!!!.....well at least I made it to the sink without redecorating my bed or carpet. Oh...just hate the taste blowing chips leaves behind. After drinking what felt like a gallon of water I returned to bed.....till noon, then ran around all day, ended the day doing homework. One more day lost,

BUT...today I cycled, stretched, and toned....all in less than an hour (broken up throughout the day). Found a great exercise routine at liveexercise.com that I will follow three days a week, along with a little cycling 20 to 30 minutes. Opposite days I will walk until I can run.... Still doing research and asking questions on the best routines. After all I am a teacher, student, mom, and ametuer athlete...where do I fit all this stuff in? 

So....I only got three days of activity in this week. The good news...Next week I will get  more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment